Today I heard something that made me realise that - girl, you were super awesome!

One of my friends recounted the time when she was transferred to my old position and people from Center told her, 'Make sure you fill her shoes (you kena jadi bagus macam dia).'

My shoes. I was dumbfounded. Somebody noticed that I was slayin' it at work.

When I looked back at my previous work anecdotes, I discovered something that I didn't realise back then.

I had awesome (and visionary) ideas.

I was efficient and oh-so-confident that the CEO gave me so much beyond what I thought my capabilities were.

But.

My self-esteem ruined me.

...

I was involved in a national level initiative and the youngest person in a room full of industry leaders. I had the idea to create a network of service that will be a ground-breaking project - but I was not confident enough to voice this out so I kept my mouth shut.

The logistics network and platform only became a reality several years down the road later by someone who had the same idea but was not afraid to say it out loud.

I felt that all-things digital will be a trendsetter and would save the Company a lot of money - but I was not brave enough to convince the Management to go digital.

I had passion, expertise and experience in my specialty - but I did not fight hard and fierce enough to be where I thought I should be.

To be awesome, I need to build my self-esteem and start believing that I am the best person for the job, or for anyone. Because deep down I know I am.

No comments