It's been 3 weeks after I handed in my resignation. Since then, I've had mixed feelings. There are days when I feel like, 'Am I giving up too easily? Am I doing the right thing? Am I acting rashly because things had been very challenging?'

But there are also days when those exasperating moments came up and I think, 'Just a couple months more to go and I don't have to stress on this.'

My boss tried to talk me out of the decision for a couple of times. The first time he stated the current economic situation will make it hard for me to get a new job out there. The second time he told me that they are discussing about putting me in the job that I've been interested in - IR. But that wouldn't happen until next year. And I thought - can I actually last that long?

I also noticed that my customers hadn't given me such a hard time too since I served my notice. Could be my boss telling them that I am resigning because of them? I don't know.

Now I'm trying to think of what's next. I'm looking forward to being a full-time mom for a couple of months before going job hunting again. Or going into business (which is a totally new world to me). I just need a sabbatical break from stress and I will come stronger when my mind and my heart are more or less aligned.

Until then, stay resolute Carneyz. You are doing this to bring balance to our lives, to get closer to God and to strengthen your faith in God's promise - that He will provide for us. Ameen. 

No comments